POUND RIDGE, N.Y. - Here are some of the stories that topped the news in Pound Ridge this week:
- Local governments that stay within the two-percent property tax cap and work toward consolidation and shared services will be eligible for a two-year freeze on property taxes, Gov. Andrew Cuomo announced in his State of the State address Wednesday.
- Rob Williamson is turning back the clock in North Stamford. In the first six months since opening Uncle’s General Store at 2627 High Ridge Road, his unique retail space has been well-received by residents of Stamford, Pound Ridge, Bedford, New Canaan and more.
- Lewisboro Elementary School went into lockdown late Wednesday morning as a result of a malfunctioning alarm.
- Fight to end texting while driving gains steam in Westchester.
- Snow days have been frequent this winter, and school superintendents say a lot of time and effort goes into determining whether or not to delay or close for the day.
- 1 Pound Ridge Harvest Festival Draws Thousands To Scotts Corners
- 2 Fox Lane's Magnan Becomes Earliest Commit In Syracuse Lacrosse History
- 3 Freeze Warning Is In Effect For Pound Ridge
- 4 75 World War II Heroes Take Honor Flight From White Plains To Washington
- 5 Nor'easter To Impact Pound Ridge On Wednesday