POUND RIDGE, N.Y. - Here are some of the stories that topped the news in Pound Ridge this week:
- Local governments that stay within the two-percent property tax cap and work toward consolidation and shared services will be eligible for a two-year freeze on property taxes, Gov. Andrew Cuomo announced in his State of the State address Wednesday.
- Rob Williamson is turning back the clock in North Stamford. In the first six months since opening Uncle’s General Store at 2627 High Ridge Road, his unique retail space has been well-received by residents of Stamford, Pound Ridge, Bedford, New Canaan and more.
- Lewisboro Elementary School went into lockdown late Wednesday morning as a result of a malfunctioning alarm.
- Fight to end texting while driving gains steam in Westchester.
- Snow days have been frequent this winter, and school superintendents say a lot of time and effort goes into determining whether or not to delay or close for the day.
- 1 Proposed Pound Ridge Library Budget Has Double-Digit Hikes, More Services
- 2 Serious Multi-Vehicle Accident Closes Saw Mill River Parkway
- 3 Open Houses In Pound Ridge This Weekend
- 4 Seven Candidates Seek Four Pound Ridge Library Board Seats
- 5 Poll Shows Maloney Leads Hayworth In Congressional Race Rematch