POUND RIDGE, N.Y. – The Pound Ridge Land Conservancy will host an early season gardening workshop at 11 a.m. Saturday the Armstrong Education Center.
Workshop participants will:
- Learn season extension techniques. By managing a garden’s micro-climates, gardeners can extend the growing season and harvest vegetables earlier in the spring and later in the fall.
- Get first-hand experience with cold-hearty greens that thrive in Pound Ridge’s cold season
- Learn how to test the soil’s quality and incorporate the test results
- Learn the ins and outs of seed starting (tools to use, when to start, how to harden off plants)
This free workshop is intentionally scheduled early in the season to allow workshop participants to learn new skills and incorporate them this year.
The Armstrong Education Center is at 1361 Old Post Road, Pound Ridge.
- 1 Stop & Shop Issues Recall For Several Frozen Food Items
- 2 Police Seek Public's Help In Search For Missing Yorktown Woman, 43
- 3 Bedford Planning Board Meeting On 79-Home Proposal Lasts Till Nearly 2 A.M.
- 4 Groups Offer Advice For Dealing With Wild Critters In Westchester
- 5 South Salem Man Charged With Assault, Robbery After Beating Victim