POUND RIDGE, N.Y. – The Pound Ridge Land Conservancy will host an early season gardening workshop at 11 a.m. Saturday the Armstrong Education Center.
Workshop participants will:
- Learn season extension techniques. By managing a garden’s micro-climates, gardeners can extend the growing season and harvest vegetables earlier in the spring and later in the fall.
- Get first-hand experience with cold-hearty greens that thrive in Pound Ridge’s cold season
- Learn how to test the soil’s quality and incorporate the test results
- Learn the ins and outs of seed starting (tools to use, when to start, how to harden off plants)
This free workshop is intentionally scheduled early in the season to allow workshop participants to learn new skills and incorporate them this year.
The Armstrong Education Center is at 1361 Old Post Road, Pound Ridge.
- 1 Second Escapee David Sweat Shot By New York State Police, Now In Hospital
- 2 July 4 Terror Threat 'Nothing Routine,' Says Former CIA Deputy Director
- 3 Heavy Rain Headed To Pound Ridge, Thunderstorms Possible
- 4 Fugitives Planned To Flee To Mexico, Split Five Days Before Manhunt Ended
- 5 Wet Weather Returning To Pound Ridge