POUND RIDGE, N.Y. -- Here are some of the stories that topped the news in Pound Ridge last week:
- Westchester County law enforcement is launching an anonymous Web tip program -- tip411 -- that will allow anyone with a smartphone, tablet, standard cellphone or computer to text in a tip to the local police department.
- John Boy's Outpost, nestled in the spot where Bedford's iconic Stewart's Market reigned for decades, is the newest enterprise of John "John Boy" Ubaldo, a Pound Ridge native who reached animal husbandry through a circuitous route.
- Harrison, New Castle and Irvington in Westchester County, N.Y., and New Canaan in Fairfield County, Conn., each reported three burglaries, part of a ring that led to charges against seven suspects on Tuesday, Harrison Police said Wednesday.
- Brian McClellen, t he 21-year-old man who was found on fire while attempting to ride on top of a Metro-North train in Greenwich, Conn., on Sunday, has died as a result of his injuries, according to multiple reports.
- More than 300 guests recently attended the 12th annual Top Hat and Cocktails Gala at the Ritz Carlton in White Plains to benefit the Society for Prevention of Cruelty to Animals of Westchester animal shelter in Briarcliff Manor.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.