WESTCHESTER COUNTY, N.Y. - A car overturned on Route 35 (Cross River Road) on the Bedford-Lewisboro border after swerving out of the way of a deer that ran onto the road Wednesday, Lt. Jeff Dickans of the Bedford Police Department said.
The driver and a passenger suffered non life-threatening injuries and were taken to Northern Westchester Hospital.
The car overturned after it hit what the driver called an earth embankment around 4:29 p.m. Wednesday. Both occupants were trapped in the overturned car, and were removed by emergency personnel, Dickans said.
Cross River Road was closed between Mount Holly Road and Holly Branch Road from 4:50 to 5:30 p.m. Wednesday.
- 1 Michael Douglas, Catherine Zeta-Jones Purchase New Bedford Home
- 2 Pound Ridge's First Snowfall Of Season Could Arrive Over Weekend
- 3 Dow, De Palma Vie For Pound Ridge Board Seat In Special Race
- 4 Superstorm Sandy Was Not The 'Big One,' So Pound Ridge Must Prepare
- 5 I-684 Exit Ramp Reopens After Overturned Tractor Trailer Causes Closure