POUND RIDGE – Author and former reporter for The New York Times Gary Kriss will hold a reading and book signing at Booksy Galore on Sunday, June 8, at 2 p.m.
He will promote his debut novel, “The Zodiac Deception,” which follows David Walker, an illusionist posing as a German astrologer bent on deceiving the Nazi high command and killing Adolf Hitler during World War II.
Similar to the book’s protagonist, Kriss is also a mentalist and a magician, according to Bookish.com. He utilized these skills to develop his characters and write from the Nazi perspective.
“As a journalist, you probe the minds of others with your questions and, even before you formulate those questions, you try to think like the person you’re interviewing to determine what might unlock the information you’re seeking,” Kriss said during a 2014 interview with Bookish.com. “As a novelist, you’re continually entering the minds of your characters to make them real. Also, you certainly try to enter the minds of your readers when crafting various parts of a book to ‘see’ how they might react.”
Booksy Galore is the first stop of Kriss’s book tour for “The Zodiac Deception,” according to a press release.
Kriss is working on “The Houdini Killer,” a prequel to “The Zodiac Deception.”
Booksy Galore is at 67 Westchester Ave. in Pound Ridge.
- 1 Pound Ridge Will Hold Presentations On Scotts Corners Overhaul
- 2 Pound Ridge Planning Board Faces Key Votes On Ridge 29 Housing
- 3 Pound Ridge Teen Gets State Department Scholarship For Language Studies
- 4 Broadway Producer's Westchester Home Hits Market For $29.5 Million
- 5 Mother Of Croton Child Who Died Upgraded To Serious Condition