POUND RIDGE – Author and former reporter for The New York Times Gary Kriss will hold a reading and book signing at Booksy Galore on Sunday, June 8, at 2 p.m.
He will promote his debut novel, “The Zodiac Deception,” which follows David Walker, an illusionist posing as a German astrologer bent on deceiving the Nazi high command and killing Adolf Hitler during World War II.
Similar to the book’s protagonist, Kriss is also a mentalist and a magician, according to Bookish.com. He utilized these skills to develop his characters and write from the Nazi perspective.
“As a journalist, you probe the minds of others with your questions and, even before you formulate those questions, you try to think like the person you’re interviewing to determine what might unlock the information you’re seeking,” Kriss said during a 2014 interview with Bookish.com. “As a novelist, you’re continually entering the minds of your characters to make them real. Also, you certainly try to enter the minds of your readers when crafting various parts of a book to ‘see’ how they might react.”
Booksy Galore is the first stop of Kriss’s book tour for “The Zodiac Deception,” according to a press release.
Kriss is working on “The Houdini Killer,” a prequel to “The Zodiac Deception.”
Booksy Galore is at 67 Westchester Ave. in Pound Ridge.
- 1 Michael Douglas, Catherine Zeta-Jones Purchase New Bedford Home
- 2 Pound Ridge's First Snowfall Of Season Could Arrive Over Weekend
- 3 Superstorm Sandy Was Not The 'Big One,' So Pound Ridge Must Prepare
- 4 I-684 Exit Ramp Reopens After Overturned Tractor Trailer Causes Closure
- 5 State Senate Candidates Murphy, Wagner Trade Barbs At Forum