POUND RIDGE, N.Y. – Legendary music producer and record industry executive Clive Davis – a Pound Ridge resident – has released a tell-all biography, “The Soundtrack of My Life.”
Davis’s career has spanned more than 40 years during which he discovered, signed or worked with a staggering array of artists that included Bruce Springsteen, Janis Joplin, Simon and Garfunkel, Carlos Santana, The Grateful Dead, Alicia Keys, Kelly Clarkson, Jennifer Hudson and Aretha Franklin. He has been inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and received a Lifetime Achievement Grammy.
The book encompasses Davis’ life, from becoming an orphan in high school and getting through college and law school on scholarships, to being falsely accused of embezzlement and starting up his own record company, J Records.
The 80-year-old Davis also founded Arista Records and was chief creative officer for Sony Music. Among the revelations in the book is that Davis discovered and nurtured the late Whitney Houston’s blockbuster career and had a one-on-one intervention for the troubled star at his Pound Ridge home.
Davis appeared recently with Katie Couric on her TV show to discuss the book. (http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/earshot/clive-davis-comes-closet-katie-422277)
- 1 18-24 Inches Of Snow Possible In Pound Ridge; Blizzard Warning Issued
- 2 Bigger Storm Could Be Coming Soon After Westchester Sees 6-8 Inches Of Snow
- 3 Major Nor'easter Heads Toward Pound Ridge, Blizzard Watch Issued
- 4 Pound Ridge Dodges Worst Of Nor'ester
- 5 Storm System Departs Pound Ridge, Snow Could Return Thursday