POUND RIDGE, N.Y. -- Happy Birthday to Pound Ridge’s John Charles Waite!
John Charles Waite, a long time Pound Ridge resident, turns 62 on Friday.
Waite, an English musician, was born 4 July 1952, in Lancaster, Lancashire, England. He was lead vocalist for The Babys and Bad English. As a solo artist, he scored several international hits, including 1984's "Missing You," a No. 1 hit on the U.S. Billboard Hot 100 and a top ten hit on the UK Singles Chart.
In 1988, Waite joined former Babys bandmates Jonathan Cain and Ricky Phillips along with Neal Schon from Journey and drummer Deen Castronovo, to form the supergroup Bad English. In 1989, the Bad English ballad "When I See You Smile" went to No. 1 on Billboard's Hot 100 and earned a Gold-certified single. Its parent album reached Billboard's Top Five and sold nearly two million copies in the United States alone.
Waite returned to solo work and since 1995 has produced five solo albums including his latest album Rough And Tumble. In 2006, "Missing You" was released as a duet with Alison Krauss and reached the Top 40 on the Country Charts in the United States.
- 1 Bedford Schools Superintendent Cancels Race Relations Workshop
- 2 Pound Ridge Harvest Festival Draws Thousands To Scotts Corners
- 3 Once In A Million Space Event Will Be Over Pound Ridge Skies Sunday
- 4 Freeze Warning Is In Effect For Pound Ridge
- 5 Pound Ridge’s Harvest Festival Planning, Celebration Tops Week's News