POUND RIDGE, N.Y. -- Happy Birthday to Pound Ridge’s Jessica Walter!
Jessica Walter, a long time Pound Ridge resident, turns 73 on Friday.
Walter, an actress, known for the films Play Misty for Me, Grand Prix, and for her role as Lucille Bluth on the sitcom Arrested Development, was born January 31, 1941 in Brooklyn, New York.
She was a series regular for the first half of season one of 90210 as Tabitha Wilson, provided the voice of the character Fran Sinclair in the TV series Dinosaurs, and starred as the title character of the television series Amy Prentiss for which she won the Emmy Award for Outstanding Lead Actress in a Miniseries or TV Movie.
Jessica Walter began her on-screen acting career as Julie Murano on the television series, Love of Life, which ran from September 1951 until February 1980. Her earliest notable film role was in the 1971 movie Play Misty for Me, in which she played a young woman with borderline personality disorder stalking a disc jockey, for which she received a Golden Globe nomination in the Best Motion Picture Actress - Drama category. Walter's other film credits from that era include Lilith, Grand Prix, The Group, Bye Bye Braverman, Number One and Dr. Strange.
- 1 Pound Ridge Harvest Festival Draws Thousands To Scotts Corners
- 2 Fox Lane's Magnan Becomes Earliest Commit In Syracuse Lacrosse History
- 3 Fired Fox Lane Teacher's Lawsuit Against District Is Dismissed
- 4 75 World War II Heroes Take Honor Flight From White Plains To Washington
- 5 Nor'easter To Impact Pound Ridge On Wednesday