POUND RIDGE, N.Y. – The Pound Ridge Library will present Taiwanese pianist Tienni Chen in concert on Sunday at 4 p.m., in a program featuring the music of Johannes Brahms, Tan Dun and Maurice Ravel.
Chen has performed internationally as a recitalist, a soloist with orchestras, and in chamber ensembles across North America and Asia. She has appeared in major venues such as Lincoln Center, Symphony Space, Steinway Hall, Peace Center and Temple Square for audiences in New York, Boston, Baltimore, Detroit, Greenville, Los Angeles, Montreal, Park City, Salt Lake City, Seattle, Vancouver and elsewhere.
Chen earned her doctor of musical arts degree from Manhattan School of Music and master’s and bachelor’s degrees from The Juilliard School.
Chen is on the piano faculty at City University of New York and Greenwich Academy. She is the vice president of Connecticut Music Teachers Association, and an advisor for the Organization of Chinese Americans Fairfield Chapter.
The concert is free and open to the public. There will be a reception following the performance. Light refreshments will be served. Reservations are recommended. For more information, contact the library at 914-764-5085 or visit the library’s website at www.poundridgelibrary.org.d
- 1 Michael Douglas, Catherine Zeta-Jones Purchase New Bedford Home
- 2 Pound Ridge's First Snowfall Of Season Could Arrive Over Weekend
- 3 Letter: Democrat Favors Dow For Pound Ridge Town Board
- 4 Superstorm Sandy Was Not The 'Big One,' So Pound Ridge Must Prepare
- 5 I-684 Exit Ramp Reopens After Overturned Tractor Trailer Causes Closure