POUND RIDGE, N.Y. – The Pound Ridge Library will present Taiwanese pianist Tienni Chen in concert on Sunday at 4 p.m., in a program featuring the music of Johannes Brahms, Tan Dun and Maurice Ravel.
Chen has performed internationally as a recitalist, a soloist with orchestras, and in chamber ensembles across North America and Asia. She has appeared in major venues such as Lincoln Center, Symphony Space, Steinway Hall, Peace Center and Temple Square for audiences in New York, Boston, Baltimore, Detroit, Greenville, Los Angeles, Montreal, Park City, Salt Lake City, Seattle, Vancouver and elsewhere.
Chen earned her doctor of musical arts degree from Manhattan School of Music and master’s and bachelor’s degrees from The Juilliard School.
Chen is on the piano faculty at City University of New York and Greenwich Academy. She is the vice president of Connecticut Music Teachers Association, and an advisor for the Organization of Chinese Americans Fairfield Chapter.
The concert is free and open to the public. There will be a reception following the performance. Light refreshments will be served. Reservations are recommended. For more information, contact the library at 914-764-5085 or visit the library’s website at www.poundridgelibrary.org.d
- 1 Mount Kisco Bank Teller Pleads Guilty To Stealing $1.4M
- 2 Deer Defense Group Sues Westchester County To Halt Hunting Plans
- 3 Astorino Asks Obama If He 'Wants To Say Hi' To Hillary Clinton During Visit
- 4 Dozens Sickened In Nine States After Salmonella Outbreak
- 5 Curtis Instruments, Saw Mill Club Co-Founder Curt Beusman Dies