POUND RIDGE, N.Y. – The Pound Ridge Library will present Taiwanese pianist Tienni Chen in concert on Sunday at 4 p.m., in a program featuring the music of Johannes Brahms, Tan Dun and Maurice Ravel.
Chen has performed internationally as a recitalist, a soloist with orchestras, and in chamber ensembles across North America and Asia. She has appeared in major venues such as Lincoln Center, Symphony Space, Steinway Hall, Peace Center and Temple Square for audiences in New York, Boston, Baltimore, Detroit, Greenville, Los Angeles, Montreal, Park City, Salt Lake City, Seattle, Vancouver and elsewhere.
Chen earned her doctor of musical arts degree from Manhattan School of Music and master’s and bachelor’s degrees from The Juilliard School.
Chen is on the piano faculty at City University of New York and Greenwich Academy. She is the vice president of Connecticut Music Teachers Association, and an advisor for the Organization of Chinese Americans Fairfield Chapter.
The concert is free and open to the public. There will be a reception following the performance. Light refreshments will be served. Reservations are recommended. For more information, contact the library at 914-764-5085 or visit the library’s website at www.poundridgelibrary.org.d
- 1 Accident Reported At Intersection Of Routes 35, 124
- 2 Dick Crabtree Of Chappaqua, Owner Of The Kittle House, Dies At 84
- 3 Police In Search Of Three Missing Teens Who May Be In Westchester
- 4 Nine Sandy Hook Victim Families File Lawsuit Against Gun Maker, Seller
- 5 Pound Ridge Featured As Backdrop In Popular Films