Each week in this section you can find a new article about things to keep you busy in and near your garden -- in every season.
Week 7: Gardening can seem overwhelming - there's always so much to do, even in the weeks leading up to the planting season. I find it helps to start a list sooner rather than later of all the jobs that need doing. Here's what's on my list at the moment, in no particular order:
• Order organic seeds from catalog.
• Set up seedling trays, check grow lights, buy organic seed starter.
• Prune fruit trees by March.
• Prune roses.
• Decide whether to install metal edging on beds. If so, order edging.
• Order eight yards mulch for beds.
• Dig up perennial bed and rearrange plants according to new plan.
• Inspect and repair raised vegetable beds.
• Buy netting for new vertical growing frames.
• Send soil sample from front lawn for analysis.
• Enlarge chicken run.
• Design terraces for slope in back garden and get quotes for construction.
The list is going to get longer and longer, but it helps me to keep everything written down in one place.