POUND RIDGE, N.Y. – Twifties – the local social organization for people 45 and older – has a motto: “50 is the new 20!” They want adults to get out, mingle and have fun.
As part of that effort, the group will co-sponsor the Pound Ridge Library’s second Wine, Cheese & Scrabble Night on Thursday at 7 p.m.
“We had one back in November and it was a great success,” said Library Director Marilyn Tinter. “It proved to be very popular.”
Though Twifties is one of the sponsors, Scrabble Night is not just for those over 45. Adults of all ages and skill levels are welcome to attend.
The event will feature Cornelia Guest, a renowned Scrabble expert, who will share her expertise and tips. Game equipment, dictionaries, rulebooks and “cheat sheets” will be supplied, and prizes will be awarded to game winners.
Tinter said she hoped to make Wine, Cheese & Scrabble Night a regular library event in 2013.
Besides the library and Twifties, additional event sponsors include Plum Plums Cheese Shop, The Wine Connection and Antiques & Tools of Business
Register by calling the library at 914-764-5085. Tickets are $3 in advance and $5 at the door. For more information, visit the library’s website at www.poundridgelibrary.org.
- 1 Bruce Willis Buys Properties In Bedford, Report Says
- 2 Fired Fox Lane Teacher's Lawsuit Against District Is Dismissed
- 3 NYC Doctor Is First Person In Area To Test Positive For Ebola
- 4 Letter: Support Sherene De Palma For Pound Ridge Town Board
- 5 Astorino, Cuomo Trade Jabs In Contentious Gubernatorial Debate