Tag sale aficionados can get their fill in Pound Ridge this weekend, and blues legend John Mayall is at the Ridgefield Playhouse on Saturday. Sunday evening, nature lovers can take part in a sunset photo session with the wolves at the Wolf Conservation Center. For even more things to do in Pound Ridge and Lewisboro, see our Events page .
Friday, July 6
- Live Music at Marielas: 8 p.m. Vocalist Lindsey Webster comes to Marielas. Just 23 years old, Webster has shared the stage with Grammy-award winning musicians and artists. She sings on a Grammy-nominated CD with the Jimmy Sturr Orchestra. Admission is free. Marielas is located at 71 Westchester Ave. in Pound Ridge. Call 914-764-3424 for more info.
- Sleeping With Wolves : 7 p.m.-9 a.m. The Wolf Conservation Center's new nocturnal adventure experience provides a chance to camp out overnight with the 25 wolves that call the WCC home. With all the howls, circling vultures, and nature's nighttime chatter, you'll feel like you're camping under the stars with wild wolves. $275 per four-person tent; singles: $150, but you must bring your own tent. Visit www.nywolf.org for more info. The WCC is located at 7 Buck Run, South Salem
Saturday, July 7
- Pound Ridge Library Book Sale: 10 a.m.-3 p.m. This is an opportunity to find the perfect summer read at an affordable price while benefiting the library. Besides books, theyll be talking books, DVDs, CDs and more. Call 914-764-5085 or visit www.poundridgelibrary.org for more info. The library is located at 271 Westchester Ave. in Pound Ridge.
- Experience History First Hand at Pound Ridge Museum: 1 p.m. The Pound Ridge Historical Society will hold a special event that commemorates the execution of four of the conspirators in the plot to assassinate President Abraham Lincoln. It will include a look at the diaries kept by Sgt. George E. Dixon, a Pound Ridge resident and a guard at the Arsenal Penitentiary in Washington D.C., who witnessed the event. Visitors will also have the opportunity to try on the Lilly Irons, special restraints worn by the prisoners. Four DVD copies of the movie The Conspirator, which dramatizes the trail of Mary Surratt, will be given away. Admission is free but donations are welcome. The museum is located at 255 Westchester Ave., Pound Ridge. Call 914-764-4333.
- Gossett Brothers Farm Market: 9 a.m.-1p.m. The Gossett Brothers Farm Market offers fresh produce, meats and cheese, as well as seafood. The market is located at 1202 Route 35 at Gossett Brothers Nursery in South Salem.
- Live Music at Marielas: 8 p.m. The Libertine Project is back with their blend of funk, blues and rock. Admission is free. Marielas is located at 71 Westchester Ave. in Pound Ridge. Call 914-764-3424 for more info.
- John Mayall in Concert: 8 p.m. John Mayall comes to the Ridgefield Playhouse. Often described as the father of British blues, Mayall was the creator and leader of The Bluesbreakers and helped discover some of the best rock and blues players of our time Eric Clapton, John Weider, Peter Green, Mick Fleetwood, Mick Taylor and John McVie. Tickets are $50 and are available by calling 203-403-2690 or visiting www.ridgefieldplayhouse.org . The Playhouse is located at 80 East Ridge Road, Ridgefield, Conn.
- Wolves of North America : 11 a.m.-12:30 p.m. Learn about the mythology, biology and ecology of wolf families and discover why June is a special time or packs in North America. Guests will visit ambassador wolves Alawa, and Zephyr as well as the WCCs critically endangered red wolves and Mexican gray wolves. Cost is $13 for adults and $11 for children under 12. Preregistration is required. Visit www.nywolf.org . 7 Buck Road, South Salem
Sunday, July 8
- Sunset Photo Session at the Wolf Center: 6-8:30 p.m. Join the Wolf Conservation Center for a special opportunity to photograph the WCCs Ambassador wolves Atka, Alawa and Zephyr, in the warm glow of the sunset Guests will also be given access to photograph the WCC critically endangered Mexican wolves and red wolves too from vantage points not generally available during regular visits. For ages 13 and up. Cost is $100 per person a p re-registration is required. Visit www.nywolf.org for more info. The WCC is located at 7 Buck Run in South Salem.
- Live Music at North Star: 6:30-9:30 p.m. Dennis Collins and Mike DiMeo will perform at the North Star restaurant in Pound Ridge. Collins, who is accompanied on piano by DiMeo, has recorded with stars such as Roberta Flack, Sting, Ray Charles, Bob Dylan, David Bowie, Sheryl Crow and Faith Hill. North Star is located at 85 Westchester Ave. in Pound Ridge. Call 914-764-0200 for more information.
- 16th Annual Pound Ridge Town-Wide Tag Sale: Various times. Residents throughout the town of Pound Ridge will conduct tag sales Friday through Sunday at various times, which will be noted on the map of locations. Streets include Conant Valley, East Woods, Salem, Bob Hill, Hoyt, Hack Green, Upper Shad, Robin Hood, and more. Maps are available on the front terrace of Antiques & Tools of Business & Kitchen at 65 Westchester Ave. in Pound Ridge. Call 914-764-0015 for more information.
- A Celebration of Wildlife and Art at Ward Pound Ridge: 9-5 p.m. Two exhibits featuring watercolor images, sculpture and photographs are on view at Ward Pound Ridge Reservation in Cross River . Watershed Wildlife Watercolors, featuring the work of wildlife artist Paul Thiesing will run through Sept. 3 and A Touch of Nature, an exhibit of outdoor photography by Bill Wiegelman, will run through July 15. Ward Pound Ridge Reservation is located at the junction of Route 35 and Route 121 South in Cross River. Call 914-864-7317 for more info.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.