WESTCHESTER COUNTY, N.Y. -- Assemblyman David Buchwald and wife Lara Samet held their marriage ceremony on Saturday, March 1 at Tarrytown House Estate.
Mrs. Buchwald, a litigation attorney at Davis Polk & Wardwell LLP, is a native of New Jersey and a graduate of Duke University (magna cum laude) and NYU School of Law (cum laude).
Buchwald is a native of Westchester County and a resident of White Plains, where he served on the city's common council for three years prior to his election to the state assembly in 2012. He represents the towns of Bedford, Harrison, Lewisboro, Mount Kisco, New Castle, North Castle, North Salem and Pound Ridge and half of the city of White Plains.
He is a graduate of Yale University, the John F. Kennedy School of Government, and Harvard Law School (cum laude). For the six years prior to serving in the state assembly, he was an attorney in the tax department at Paul, Weiss, Rifkind, Wharton & Garrison LLP.
“Lara and I are thrilled to be married, and we feel blessed to have shared this special occasion with the people we love,” said Buchwald.
“We are partners in every sense of the word, and Lara’s kindness and intelligence make me a better representative for the Westchester communities I serve.”
Their wedding was officiated by Rabbi Alan Silverstein, and was featured in Sunday’s New York Times.
- 1 Former Exec From PepsiCo In Purchase Resigns From Toyota After Drug Bust
- 2 Downed Trees, Accidents Cause Road Closures, Delays, Power Outages
- 3 Teenager Identified In Fatal Sprain Brook Crash
- 4 Four From Westchester Indicted In Metro-North Cheating Ring
- 5 Westchester Law Enforcement Boosting July 4 Security After Terror Warning