POUND RIDGE, N.Y. – A number of programs for people of all ages are planned throughout May at the Pound Ridge Library.
Free programs for adults include the following.
- Thursday, May 7, 1-3 p.m.: A screening of the DVD “The Medieval World” along with a lecture, discussion, and refreshments.
- Friday, May 8, 10:30 a.m.: A screening of the film “Selma.”
- Saturday, May 9, 10:30 a.m.: A book club coffee and discussion about Elizabeth Gilbert’s “The Signature of All Things.”
- Thursday, May 14, 11 a.m.: A technology workshop about devices such as iPads and Kindles.
Free programs for adults and children include the following.
- Saturday, May 9, 1 p.m.: Animal Embassy.
- Saturday, May 16, 1 p.m.: High-Touch, High Tech Science.
- Saturday, May 16, 2:30 p.m.: Meet children’s author Robin Newman, who recently published “The Case of the Missing Carrot Cake.” Refreshments will be served. Also, the winners of the library’s children’s poetry contest will be announced, and “surprises” will also be part of the event.
- Wednesday, May 20, 7 p.m.: A solo voice concert with singers from Fox Lane High School. Refreshments will be served.
- Saturday, May 23, 1 p.m.: LEGO Builders Club.
- Thursday, May 28, 7-8 p.m.: A mother/daughter book group, suitable for high school-age students, will discuss Neal Shusterman’s “The Schwa Was Here.” Refreshments will be served.
- Saturday, May 30, 1 p.m.: Lego Builders Club.
Free programs for children include the following.
- Thursday, May 14, 6-7 p.m.: The Eager Eaters book club for third-graders will discuss Barbara Dana’s “Zucchini Out West.”
- Thursday, May 28, 6-7 p.m.: The Dinner and a Book group for fourth- and fifth-graders will discuss George Selden’s “The Cricket in Times Square.”
Free programs for teens include the following.
- Friday, May 22, 6-7 p.m.: Teen Advisory Group, for sixth- through 12th-graders, to help plan the library’s programs and collections. Pizza will be served.
- Friday, May 22, 7-9 p.m.: May’s Teen Night, for sixth- through 12th-graders, will be a Minecraft party. Refreshments will be served.
- Sunday, May 31, 2:30 p.m.: Teen technology workshop about how to make memes and GIFs.
For more information, visit the Pound Ridge Library website or call 914-764-5085.
The library is at 271 Westchester Ave., Pound Ridge.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.