POUND RIDGE, N.Y. – The Pound Ridge Library will continue its ongoing Meet the Author series this weekend with a Valentine’s Day-themed event featuring Betsy Prioleau, author of “Swoon: Great Seducers and Why Women Love Them.”
Prioleau will speak about the book at 4 p.m. Saturday at the library. She also is the author of “Circle of Eros,” and “Seductress: Women Who Ravished the World and Their Lost Art of Love.”
Prioleau has a Ph.D. in literature from Duke University, was a tenured associate professor at Manhattan College and taught cultural history at New York University. She has written numerous essays on literature, relationships, and sexuality. She lives in New York City and Pound Ridge.
In the book, Prioleau’s narrative attempts to demystify the ladies’ man – his character, seductive secrets, and killer charm.
For more information about this event, contact the library at 914-764-5085 or visit the website at www.poundridgelibrary.org.
- 1 Fired Fox Lane Teacher's Lawsuit Against District Is Dismissed
- 2 Bruce Willis Buys Properties In Bedford, Report Says
- 3 NYC Doctor Is First Person In Area To Test Positive For Ebola
- 4 Letter: Support Sherene De Palma For Pound Ridge Town Board
- 5 Astorino, Cuomo Trade Jabs In Contentious Gubernatorial Debate