POUND RIDGE, N.Y. -- The Pound Ridge Library will present its first Museum Fair on Saturday from 11 a.m.-3 p.m., in the Schaffner Room at the library.
The Museum Fair will showcase 15 local and area museums and aquariums that will participate in the library’s free/discounted museum pass program. Those facilities include:
- The Aldrich Contemporary Art Museum in Ridgefield, Conn.
- American Museum of Natural History in New York.
- Bruce Museum of Arts & Science in Greenwich, Conn.
- Cooper Hewitt, Smithsonian Design Museum in New York.
- Discovery Museum and Planetarium in Bridgeport, Conn.
- The Frick Collection in New York.
- Guggenheim in New York.
- Hammond Museum & Japanese Stroll Garden in North Salem.
- The Intrepid Sea, Air and Space Museum in New York.
- Katonah Museum of Art in Katonah.
- The Maritime Aquarium in Norwalk, Conn.
- Museum of the City of New York in New York
- Neuberger Museum of Art in Purchase.
- Stamford Museum & Nature Center in Stamford, Conn.
- Stepping Stones Museum for Children in Norwalk, Conn.
Museum pamphlets and brochures will be available at the exhibit tables. Representatives will be available from several museums, including: The Aldrich Contemporary Art Museum; Bruce Museum of Arts & Science; Discovery Museum & Planetarium; The Intrepid Sea, Air & Space Museum; Katonah Museum of Art; The Maritime Aquarium; and Stamford Museum & Nature Center.
Several displays will be showcased at the Museum Fair, including a “Touch Tank” from The Maritime Aquarium and mineral specimens from the Bruce Museum, among many others.
Families will have the opportunity to learn more about the museums and aquariums in the area and to discover the resources offered to families through the library’s museum pass program. Light refreshments will be served. This event is free and open to the public.
The library is at 271 Westchester Ave., Pound Ridge. For more information, contact the library at 914-764-5085 or visit www.poundridgelibrary.org .
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.