POUND RIDGE, N.Y. -- The Pound Ridge Historical society will hold its annual meeting to discuss a slate of trustees and winners of the historical society's scholarship at the Town House on Sunday, April 21, at 2 p.m.
The town house is at 179 Westchester Ave.
The annual meeting will be followed by a presentation titled "The Scott Family of Scotts Corners" by guest speaker John Cody, a descendant of the Scotts of Pound Ridge.
Cody grew up locally and will recount family history and anecdotes of the town's earlier days and share historical family photos. Refreshments will follow the presentation.
In the 19th century, Scotts Corners was a thriving basket-making center nicknamed “Basket Town.” Since the 1950s, it has been the designated business center of Pound Ridge. Earlier, it was also where the four Scott brothers farmed their land.
- 1 Pound Ridge Engineer Leads Drive For Huge Indoor Sports Complex
- 2 Jerome Kohlberg, Billionaire Mount Kisco Businessman, Philanthropist, Dies
- 3 Two Medical Marijuana Licenses Granted In Westchester
- 4 Sexual Abuse Charges Top Last Week's News Around Pound Ridge
- 5 State Approves 7.1 Percent Health Insurance Rate Hike