BEDFORD, N.Y. -- The St. Patrick's Parish carnival and raffle hits a major milestone when it opens its rides, games and holds one of its biggest raffles ever on Tuesday, May 13, for the 40th time.
The carnival hours are Tuesday through Thursday from 6:30-10 p.m., Friday from 6:30-11 p.m., Saturday 1-10:30 p.m. and Sunday 1-5 p.m.
To celebrate the 40th anniversary of the carnival, a raffle will be held with a chance to win a choice of a 2014 Ford F-150 truck, a 2014 Ford Fusion or $25,000 in cash. Raffle tickets are $100 each, and only 1,000 tickets will be sold.
The tickets are provided by Stamford Ford Lincoln of Stamford, Conn. You must be 18 years or older to enter the raffle.
The carnival is a fundraiser for educational and charitable ministries of the parish. While admission to the festivities is free, games, rides by Stewart Amusements, food and raffle tickets are what pull in the profits.
The carnival was founded by Anne Cook and other church members in 1975 as a way to give the students at the parochial school something to look forward to each spring. It has turned into the school's biggest annual fundraiser.
Click here to purchase a raffle ticket in advance of the carnival. Tickets will also be on sale at the carnival.
The carnival will be held on the front lawn of St. Patrick's Parochial School at 83 Old Post Road in Bedford Village.
- 1 Michael Douglas, Catherine Zeta-Jones Purchase New Bedford Home
- 2 Pound Ridge's First Snowfall Of Season Could Arrive Over Weekend
- 3 Superstorm Sandy Was Not The 'Big One,' So Pound Ridge Must Prepare
- 4 I-684 Exit Ramp Reopens After Overturned Tractor Trailer Causes Closure
- 5 State Senate Candidates Murphy, Wagner Trade Barbs At Forum