Organizations around Westchester were singled out for their environmental sustainability practices and outstanding achievements in the Westchester Green Business Challenge.
The following were recognized June 8 at the sixth annual Recognition Event and Awards Ceremony:
- Organizational Commitment: Cerebral Palsy of Westchester (Rye Brook).
- Energy: Diamond Properties, LLC (Mount Kisco).
- Materials Management: Montefiore Mount Vernon Hospital & Montefiore New Rochelle Hospital (Mount Vernon, New Rochelle).
- Transportation: Atlantic Westchester (Bedford Hills).
- Land Use: Greenburgh Nature Center (Greenburgh).
- Water Resources: Smiles on Hudson Dentistry (Croton-on-Hudson).
Marsha Gordon, president and CEO of The Business Council of Westchester, and Deputy Westchester County Executive Kevin Plunkett hosted the event in Briarcliff Manor.